Sunday, December 19, 2010

Leon Russell Slippin into Christmas 1972

The forgotten Christmas classic, which was only released on a 45 rpm back in 1972.For much more Leon Russell, please go to the Tulsa Area Music Archives - you'll be glad you did .  Leon is amazing .




For much more Leon Russell, please go to the Tulsa Area Music Archives - you'll be glad you did .  Leon is amazing .

Well I'm slipping into Christmas
I'm sliding into New Year
And I'm missing all your kisses
Baby, since you're not here


The special thing you give me
I won't find underneath my tree
And I'm feeling sad and lonesome
Wishin' you were here with me!



And I'm feeling a kind of useless
By the second hand Christmas tree
And I'm slinking into sorrow
These blues have got a hold on me

Well I know 'tis the season to be jolly
But Scrooge ain't got a thing on me
And so I'm slipping into Christmas
Wishing you were here with me!


Well I'm slipping into Christmas
Sliding into New Year

And I'm missing all your kisses
Darlin' since you're not here


Whoa, deck the halls with teardrops
Scrooge ain't got a thing on me
So I'm slipping into Christmas,
Wishing you were here with me!

Whoa, sittin' right here on my knee
Well, it's gonna be a blue Christmas!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment