Monday, June 14, 2010

Elvis Louisville Connections continued

Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 12:23 PM
I'd like to confirm the Pressley's (with 2 s's) abode in Louisville.  
Mr. Pressley bought my aunt and uncle's house on Beaver Street off Bluegrass Avenue in the south end--near Churchill Downs.  That was in the early 50's.  
My late mother-in-law, Vera Vonsick, was Mrs. Pressley's hair dresser until her death shortly after Elvis gave up the oxygen habit. 
Mrs. P shared many stories of her famous grandson's late nite visits....always secretive and seldom announced even to grandma and grandma.  Of course, owning one's own private jet and being only a few minutes from the airport made the visits easier than you might expect.
Interesting history
Geo

My uncle who owned the property that he sold to the Pressley's was Hubert Brent.  I was in that house many times as a youngster.
Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment